Friday, April 23, 2010

Psalm 119;11 says,"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."

"You give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. You teach a man to fish, you feed him for a life time."
Similarly, every Christian must be equipped to fish for God's word (Spiritual food and ammunition) so that he may survive the spiritual war and stand firm during trials and temptations on his own.
Someone once asked me, "Aiyo, why are you such a strong believer of God ar?"
I replied instantly," Bible Study!"
In order for a tree to remain firm and steady and growing, its roots must grow deep into the ground and bind the soil together firmly. Similarly, a Christian must bear good fruit and allow its roots to be grounded in God's Word. Only then he will be able to stand strong, rejoice in trials and resist temptations. Someone once asked me,"How come so many Christians today backslide ar?"
My friend, how can a tree stand firm if it has no roots (or foundation)?  Without God's Word, Christians will fall eventually as they are merely relying on their own wisdom and righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment