Sunday, November 27, 2011

I Hear His Whisper saying, "It's more than that, son."

People have been asking me, "Do I aim to become an Officer when I serve my National Service?" Sometimes I get really excited when I ponder about the lessons that I would learn in OCS, the women that I would invite for social night and how others would view me if I were to become an Officer. But thankfully, God has been impressing upon my heart that going to army is much more than all these.

I always hear people saying (and I must admit that I do entertain some of these negative connotations at times) that NS is boring, it makes one a scatterbrain, "training si bei jia lat", "Sergeant jin sui leh", "the pay so low sia", "damn sian lor," "cant play Dota" etc. How immature can guys get? These information may be true but I pray that God will allow me to use the two years wisely and for His glory. I am grateful that God has taught me that a huge element of NS is really about protecting the young and old in our nation. Eventually, we will be learning how to take another life in order to save one's life.

That's why now I am no longer concerned about whether I would become an Officer, a Commando (which I really really wanted but I believe God has a good reason to close that door for me and I do not doubt His decision), a Sergeant, a Ranger, a Best Recruit or whatsoever. I simply pray that God will give me the maturity to go in with an open mind and be serious about being equipped with the necessary skills to protect the sovereignty and independence of Singapore.

To God Be The Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment