Sunday, May 6, 2012

2 Timothy 4:2 says, "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage —with great patience and careful instruction."




Completed my Go Extra Mile 2012 organized by OMP. Here are some personal lessons I have picked up from the trip:

Spiritual Calling: Isaiah 6:8 proclaims, “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” Now I will seriously pray and think twice before I boldly declare to others that I want to be a missionary after I have seen the amount of physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual costs that need to be paid. If it is God’s will (which I will gladly surrender and obey the call), I want the LORD Jesus Christ to prepare and send me to the frontline of the mission field to seek and save the Lost Sheep. 

Spiritual Contentment: Philippians 4:11-13 says, “I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” 

Time with King/Kingdom: I used to presume that missionaries can and will easily have extended and quality time with God every day since their career is to serve God full-time. However, I realised it is very easy and dangerous to be caught up with the work of the kingdom and have little or no time for the King himself. Truth #1: Our ministries do not compensate for our daily, personal and intimate walk with the LORD. 

Master/Mission/Mate: Through Go Extra Mile 2012, God has shown me the reality and price that I must be ready to pay to cross the globe to reach the Lost Sheep. Therefore, I need to prayerfully find a Proverbs 31 woman who has a heart for missions. She must be prepared to give up everything (Luke 9:23 + Luke 14:26), to live simply and to allow me to lead the household as I follow Jesus closely. 

Servant Leadership: Mark 10:45 says, “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” God has impressed upon my heart on many occasions to serve my teammates and the Lost Sheep in Alfonso Lista. I now understand the need and rejoice in sacrificing my own hygiene, energy and time to serve others by giving up my seat to the elderly, unclogging the trench, washing the dishes, sweeping the floor, picking up the litters, carrying heavy bags, refilling their water bottles etc. 

Prayer and Mission Alliance: Need to start supporting both local and foreign missionaries consistently in terms of prayer, encouragement and financial coverage. 

Tactical Revolution: Start taking initiative in learning and mastering survival/tangible tools like first-aiding, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), driving a car/lorry/motorbike, marketing, cooking, tent-pitching, plumbering, memorising of Christian chords and lyrics, tuning and playing of guitar/drums/bag pipes etc.  

Operationally-Ready Disciple (O.R.D): Be always ready to share the gospel (1 Peter 3:15) and preach the Word of God (2 Timothy 4:2). If I cannot even do these confidently in my home country, how can I expect myself to practice them in a foreign land (where furthermore, interpretation would be required)?

No comments:

Post a Comment