Sunday, February 16, 2014

I Am My Brother's Keeper

The army road is coming to end in a matter of weeks. The world is excited for my graduation from National Service, but deep down, there is much reluctance and inertia in transiting back to the civilian world. Over two years ago, I remembered how I dreadfully stepped foot onto Pulau Tekong on day one of BMT. Five minutes after my family left, I told myself, "I want to ORD now." 

By the good grace of God, I have survived and conquered many fears like darkness and people's nasty comments which I hid. As a BB Primer, I always had to put on a strong front and lead my Boys. Army has blessed me with an opportunity to step down, follow and learn to be humble once again.

Three more weeks before I hand over Platoon 1 to 2LT Le Yong.

No comments:

Post a Comment