Friday, August 6, 2010

Numbers 14:17 says,"Now may the Lord's strength be displayed, just as you have declared"

Eric Liddell once said, "God made me fast and when I run, I feel His pleasure. To win is to honor Him." Uncle Oliver introduced this film ,Chariots of Fire, to me recently. The film portrays the life of Eric, the first Olympic GOLD medalist who represented England. God made this man so fast and surrounded him with His glory but Eric never failed to point all glory back to the Almighty God! There was once when the King gave an order for him to run in a competition that fell on a Sabbath day. Eric Liddell rejected the King's decree and went to church to worship God like any other day. That incident was soon reported across the whole nation. Everyone witnessed the faith of this Olympian who chose to honor God and not run on a Sabbath.

From now on, I want to run to win for God and display His strength through my weaknesses! Aaron and I always talk about this, "Will God ever let us win big races?" I believe "YES, why not?!" and I shall claim God's promises step by step as I will run and pray and not faint. Sometimes it grieves me to look at people who win races and then, point all glory back to themselves and their own effort. You know what? By God's grace, I would rather be that person who wins those races and point all glory and honour and power all back to our LORD Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment