Sunday, August 8, 2010

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,"declares the LORD,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,plans to give you hope and a future"

Attended Youth Alpha today. People were talking about how our Singaporean lives would probably look like in the future. All of us seem to have a similar template:
(i) Graduate from Kindergarten
(ii) Complete Primary & Secondary School
(iii) Enter our desired courses in a JC/POLY/ITE
(iv) National Service
(v) Achieve an Undergraduate Degree [Local or Overseas]
(vi) Work & Gain Financial Security
(vii) Marriage & Childbearing
(viii) Work Even Harder
(ix) Retire Peacefully or Travel as a Tourist
(x) Attend Our Own Funeral

I wonder: 'Is there more to life than this?'

Perhaps, I shall add in two more major events if God allows:
 (xi) Go on a long-term mission trip with my future wife
(xii) Witness my Dad and family confess that Jesus is LORD together as One and be baptized with my Dad on the same day and in same water.

No comments:

Post a Comment