Sunday, July 15, 2012

Joshua 1:9 says, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Recently, I have been afraid of telling people that I was posted to Officer Cadet School (OCS) because I feared failure and disappointment of not becoming commissioned at the end of the 9 months training. I truly fear the darkness that will be engulfing and tormenting me during the Jungle Confidence Course (JCC), which happened to me during BMTC field camp. Almost every night, I would be woken up for no logical reason, feeling breathless and fearful. By God's grace, Uncle Oliver, Samuel and my BB Brothers in Christ like Joshua Sir and Ming Han Sir have been encouraging me with God's Word. 

In His Word, God commanded Joshua to be courageous. Uncle Oliver pointed out that courage and fears are actually emotions. 'I feel courageous. Or I feel afraid.' But why does God commands us to be courageous or rather, how is it even possible for Christians to be courageous during moments when they literally feel afraid? Because God is with us wherever we go, even if we walk through the valley of the shadow of death. 'I will fear no evil for You are with me, O LORD.' Sometimes, I feel really silly for I have dwelled in the presence of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, why do I still fear men?

With a Lion's Heart, Watchman Chow.

No comments:

Post a Comment