Saturday, January 7, 2012

I Wanted To Quit

Today, I had Kayaking Star 2 Course with Ms.Loisa, Lim Pin, Christopher and other BB Boys from 33rd Company. For Star 2, we are required to use the Dancer instead of the Bandit Kayak, which has a really small cockpit (making it extremely difficult to enter the Kayak). The first hour I got into my Kayak, I already told myself, "I want to go home now." Coach Eugene made us do tons of Capsizing-prone exercises and as a result, we kept capsizing like nobody's business. The Sembawang seawater was ultra turbulent and really scary (I never knew I would be so afraid of the sea).

But thank God we managed to pray for the weather and commit the day to the LORD together before we sank. It really makes a difference when we put our faith in God when we feel so insecure and fearful. At the end of the day, I became more confident with the capsizing and do look forward to the Expedition and Lesson II next weekend : )

No comments:

Post a Comment